Friday, November 12, 2010

Pieces of Josie . . .

Josie and I are VERY lucky to have a wonderful family that both understands my need for "me time" and WANTS very much to spend time with Josie. So, after church on Sundays we head down to Salem to my brother's house where Josie is doted on by their family (they have 3 kids) and she gets to spend the night. Josie has so much fun at their house-they have pretty much every D*sney toy known to mankind as well as the corresponding movies. All of their kids are in a sport of some kind so she gets to go to their games. Somebody's always baking SOMETHING and there are teenagers popping in and out all the time. And they LOVE her-even the 17 yr old boys. They treat her just like the princess she thinks she is! And of course she idolizes my 12 yr old niece and her friends. My 9 yr old nephew alternates playing really well with her and being annoyed by her, which means they are basically siblings! And it's just generally loud and chaotic and very much unlike home. Which is a nice change for her. Uncle Jeff is a surrogate father and she's definitely got him whipped. If I never get married and give Josie a father-Uncle Jeff will be walking her down the aisle. And I'm sure he wouldn't have it any other way . . .

On Mondays-Josie's Aunt Mimi drops her off at my mom's and it used to be that she would drive up to my house and stay the night and watch her on Tuesday. However, she wasn't getting to see my dad very much and my mom really prefers her own bed and instead of Mom calling me every Monday afternoon to ask if she could spend the night down there for various reasons-we just made that the default.

So-I have the house to myself on Sun and Mon nights. I get home in the eve on Sundays and try to clean up the house or just veg if I'm tired. It's a nice break that I really enjoy. Monday nights are a bit harder-I have plenty to keep my busy but when I wind down for the night it's SO quiet and I find myself missing my girl.

Then I look up and see this and it makes me smile. I just love this gallery canvas wrap photo-I put it up on the mantel for now until i figure out how to arrange everything.



And then I'm getting ready for bed and go to turn off the lamp and almost scream.

Can't see it?  Here's a close-up.


Then I go to pull the cord and notice this:


Closer . . .






Wanna know what those are?



Fridge magnets.   This one was Ariel of course!

Everywhere I look there's something strange-Buzz Lightyear wedged under the lid of the piano bench.  A princess crown on top of the lamp by my bed (she has a thing with lamps).  Bracelets and necklaces draped over each bedpost.  Generic Silly bandz wrapped around photo frames:




She's everywhere I look and it's very comforting.  Boy I love the little stinker!



6 comments:

nat said...

Oh I loved that post! She is a keeper, that's for sure!

Joni said...

Thanks JM - you made me cry....and BTW, the little stinker loves you too!

Julie and Dean said...

SHE IS A TRIP! Love her spunk. Josie looks great in that last picture. Your family seems fantastic!

Alisha said...

That thing scared me at first- I thought it was real! Then I realized what was actually so scary- my stupidity for thinking it was real:) So cute!!

stilettosandsushi.blogspot.com

Jones Team said...

I got a little teary eyed on this one too - do you sometimes miss her just when she's sleeping? Crazy esp b/c when they wake up you just wish they were sleeping again... :-) great post.

Suburban Turmoil said...

So sweet! And how nice for you to get a break every week. I need to get a deal like that, too! ;D